Friday 27 April 2012

Food for a cause

Bon soire Foodies!

What a tiring day I had gone through, I went to The Big group company office located in Solari Duta mas for my interview, but it's not about the interview that I'm going to talk about. But THIS: B.I.G Independent Grocery store is a bloody hell massive store!! I love it. I love the concept and of course the product. Didn't get a chance to take pictures of the store but you can try click the link above. 

I bought Red cheddar, nutella, Natural fresh Gelato popsicles and Burnt Sugar!! It's kinda pricey if I may say, I spent about RM50.00++ for those lovely dovey.


It's a ROCKY ROAD people! Walnut Marshmallow with a taste of rich, dark, chocolate that will melts in your mouth. I'm not a fan of walnut but overall this is good! My friend bought the mango popsicles and it even taste better than this one, it was so fresh and it's like you eat a whole mango. 





Burnt Sugar for a cause!!! You can check out Burnt Sugar here. The packaging is really attractive and catched my eyes instantly, with no second thought, I did straightly buy it. But I'm kinda of disappointed of this product cause I just taste the caramel which is too sweet and overlaping the taste of the chocolate. Well, at least they got a nice packaging! 

Anyways, I Applaud them for using unrefined golden fair trade sugar. They source their sugar from Kasinthula Cane Growers in Malawi - one of the poorest countries in the world. Last year the Fairtrade social premiums they received from sales of Burnt Sugar paid for one of three boreholes to be dug — providing clean drinking water (reducing water borne disease) — as well as preventing crocodile attacks on the women as they collected water from the river (it’s the women’s job to collect water). As well as receiving a guaranteed fair price for their sugar, the farmers also directly receive a set premium per ton of sugar, which is to be used for social projects like building a clinic or school, for example.

For more info about Fairtrade - see www.fairtrade.org.uk

It's a good product for a good cause! Food matters after all folks! 

Bisous,
Agy.

No comments:

Post a Comment